6.03.2008

SELF RELIANCE!

SELF FEEDING....Anna loves playing in the car while I clean the garage...she found a lovely meal for herself!


Poor Little Poster child! If only someone had left the box open?!?!


Anna woke up way too early on Saturday morning for mommy.
Anna and I were lucky I hadn't cleaned up all the way from a party the night before...
I got more sleep, she got to feast on chips dipped in cool whip!
Not a healthy breakfast!


SELF CLEANING...
.
Not quite.! She doesn't actually change the diaper.
I'm still trying to figure out how to teach her that one!!

SELF SEDATION.....

I have no clue where she found this gem! What was the magic? Sugar or Red Dye #40??

SELF ENTERTAINMENT:
She can spend a whole hour just reading books. I don't even do that!


READY TO STEP OUT INTO THE WORLD???
Not quite!

I'm glad she's still my little girl!

And yes....they are sleeping!

13 comments:

Jill said...

Julie, So cute. Those skills will all come in handy when "baby" arrives. Mom helps those who help themselves.

Chelsea said...

I agree with the growing up thing!! doesnt it all fly by too fast?!?!!? I love the pictures! I also love that my children are also napping and that is why I can blog, I have to make sure the fort is secure before I go up in the "office" and blog... otherwise, it is not pretty!!! And most the time, I dont pay attention to anything, so the screams, or the mom, mom, mom, is lost... and I come down to a mess, or a sad child!

Mansius Family said...

Self reliance can be so much fun but sure is messy. All I ever hear from Eliza is "I do it myself." She never wants my help with anything and I have to remember to let her do it herself even though I know it will end up a mess. But its also so much fin to see them learning and gaining more and more skills. she is so cute and I love the pig tails!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Very cute, she is such a smart little girl. oh yes by the way Mike did pick up the tab or we wouldn't have tried so hard to go. It was a great chance to have fun and try a place we might have not gone to other wise. ;)

Melissa said...

She is DARLING!! What a cutie :) I had to click on that first picture to figure out what in the world she was eating! My kids won't touch an avacado with a 10 foot pole!!

Karen said...

Gotta love them being self sufficient. I sure don't love the mess. My husband is watching the kids so I am sneaking in blog time. :)

Amber said...

I employ many of those same 'self reliance' techniques in my children. She's a doll!

Anonymous said...

Anna is soooo cute...just like her Mommie was and still is!!! Keep up the good work Mom, you're bringing up self-reliant kids just like yourself. You're a great photographer too!! Love, MOM

Angie Larkin said...

Holy Avacado! I love your blog. Everytime there is a new post it's like finding a long lost dollar in my pocket.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Too funny, Julie. I love avacado mess. I didn't know what it was at first. It looked like something much worse. It's always nice to have them a little more independant, but it has its costs.
Love the sign you created for the computer. I should probably limit ny computer use too.

Audrey Taylor said...

Now how do your kids develop such confident self-help skills? I've never laughed so hard on the computer until I saw Anna's little picture holding up the box of Joe's Oh's!

Mary said...

What a good post. That IS a well behaved child you have!

Mary said...

I'm going to go check on mine now!