6.12.2008

101 things about ME...In commemoration of my 101st Post!

101 extremely random things you've always wanted to know about me...but probably not. It's a fun writing project for those who want to increase self awareness and self absorption add to their personal history!

Enjoy...When you have the time of course!

1. I love the smell of the asphalt when it gets wet.

2. I love to take really hot showers in the winter... the reason for my mild excema!

3. I enjoy listening to Dr. Laura and agree with 95% of what she says...even if she comes off rude!

4. I love baskets, buckets and containers, have tooo many but still have a hard time restraining myself when I see another I like!

5. I only like cookbooks with pictures of every recipe and wish all restaurants had a picture of each item, even if it is low class.

Click here for more if your up to it...

6. I have a really hard time deciding what to order if I go to a new restaurant (especially if there are no pictures.)

7.I love warm summer rain...or any rain at all!

8. I hate a messy house but that doesn't keep me from having one.

9. I'm happy that my husband could care less about watching sports.

10. At times I feel like my 4 year old has a better memory than I do.

11. I usually stick to movies that would be in the genre of Family Entertainment...

12. I love wrapping presents beautifully but am a bit disappointed when they always seem to get torn apart

13. I love being married to a computer geek...even if I'm not one.

14. I was a lot more outgoing in social gatherings before I had kids which tend to occupy so much of my brain power that I can barely focus on anything else.

15. I sometimes worry too much about what others think and really worry about saying things that will hurt other peoples feelings...but still do unintentionally at times.

16. I have a new found love of cauliflower and beets.

17. I have never lived out of the greater LV area but know that won't last forever since Patrick will be ready to move elsewhere for a PhD. in a few years.

18. I really love bottles, especially uniquely shaped or colored ones. Bottles are one of the only things I collect.

19. I taught 2nd grade for 4 years and loved it but don't miss it.

20. IF I ever go back to work, It will probably be as a Substitute Teacher. I like the idea of being with the kids...when I feel like it and not having the full responsibility of having my own class.

20. I consider homeschooling my kids, especially after elementary school...

21. I have never dyed my hair...other than the 1 week kind in high school.

22. I have never had fake nails...and probably never will.

23. I love playing volleyball and will hopefully be able to still do it by the time I stop getting pregnant and don't have babies around.

24. I'm not squeamish about bugs, except when the crawl on me unannounced.

25. I'd rather organize my junk drawer than put laundry away.

26. I love to create pottery and would love to have a kiln and wheel one day.

27. I find great pleasure and satisfaction in saving money and being resourceful.

28. I really enjoy camping and all of the preparation but stink at unpacking after it's over.

29. I love finding treasures at garage sales and by trash cans but have never been inside a dumpster.

30. I collect too much "potentially useful" stuff as a result. I am recovering from this habit though...slowly but surely.

31. I love to snow ski and have enjoyed it since I was 5.

32. I used to be able to water ski, now I just ride on inner tubes.

33. I love to be surprised because I love anticipation...I never find out the sex of my babies or open presents before Christmas.

34. I call Dr. Sears (the author) my pediatrician.

35. I only very selectively vaccinate.

36. I have had a home birth and adored it but am not opposed to hospital birth under the right circumstances or in case of emergency.

37. I am a great pregnant lady...my only typical ailment is fatigue and occasional muscle strain.

38. I only use medication as a last resort after I've tried to figure things out on my own using alternative medicine.

39. I spend an unreasonable amount of time grocery shopping. I pay way too much attention to the details.

40. I consider myself a decent teacher and love to teach R.S. even if I only have a few minutes notice.

41. I enjoy giving talks in church.

42. I clean the windows and mirrors in my house with club soda.

43. I very rarely read fiction books and if I do it's usually the audio version.

44. I read lots and lots of non fiction books on topics that interest me...mainly to figure stuff out...topics I like are marriage, nutrition, parenting, decorating, organization, home improvement and life.

45. I always attend the ward book club but never read the books...I'm good moral support I guess.

46. I would rather learn to do something myself rather than pay someone else to do it...but I don't cut my own hair....just my families'.

47. I despise vacuuming...probably one of the reasons I have no carpet.

48. I've been to Europe twice including France, England, Italy and Belgium. My favorite city was a row of 5 small Italian cites off of the Italian Riviera called Cinque Terre.

49. I only remember my dreams when I'm pregnant.

50. I work most efficiently under pressure...which is how I justify much of my procrastination.

51. I was really bad at keeping in touch with old friends and family...before blogging came along of course!

52. I like to sit at the front of the chapel during church and in classes I'm interested in.

53. My favorite magazine is Wonder Time. It's the only one I actually read instead of browse.

54. I am an LDS institute junkie and have the equivalent of a PhD....but stopped going when Justin turned 1 and was too loud.

55. I don't own an Ironing board and have only used my iron once in the last 6 months.

56. It's not uncommon for me to have to was a load of laundry 2 or 3 times because I forget about it .

57. I am the Primary Chorister in my ward.

58. I have mainly served in The Relief Society (the women' organization) at church and have never served in Young Women's Organization.

59. I most effectively study the Book of Mormon when I listen to it on-line and follow along in my book.

60. I don't ever have road rage but I unfortunately cause it once in a while.

61. I rarely remember what I see in movies...I watch them again for the second time once in a while.

62. I have gone to Costco just to look around and eat samples...I don't have much I actually buy there.

63. I don't watch television.

64. If I took the time to do it, I could be a decent artist. I would like to make time to paint and find a place I could do pottery

65. I am afraid to start a garden in the desert, but still hope to try soon

66. I really enjoy ping pong and got lots of practice during th 7 years I spent at the LDS institute.

67. I once gave a bum asking for money a box of rice crispy treats and he loved it.

68. I like arrive first and leave last at social gatherings...Patrick likes to arrive last and leave first. We usually end up staying places just the right amount of time.

69. I considered myself an easy going person....until I got married.

70. I bite the inside of my lip when concentrating or anxious.

71. I have had a hard time coming up with this many things about myself...so It's taken me several different occasions to write this list.

72. I love word games like scrabble and mad gab but also enjoy number games like rummi cube and phase ten. We played a lot of games as a couple before we had kids...now we play games like Chutes and Ladders and Hi Ho Cherry O'.

73. I love the idea of having a large family and will have kids so long as I feel mentally stable enough to be a good mommy.

74. My top love language is Words of Affirmation. Just one reason I pathetically beg for comments.

75. I was a Balloon Artist in restaurants during college.

76. I love the movie Dan in Real Life....I love to laugh and cry at the same time!

77. I was on a Synchronized Swimming team as a kid.

78. "I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.....I know who I am, I know God's plan, I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ, I'll honor is name. I'll do what is right, I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim." That's one of my favorite primary songs!

79. I need to wash my baseboards and mop my floor.

80. I find animals, bugs and wildlife fascinating but I'm not really a pet lover. I don't mind low maintenance animals though for my children.

81. I don't misplace my keys, loose things or kill my car battery as much as I used to, which is hard to believe for those of you who have known me for a long time.

82. I am a deep sleeper, but not so much since I have young kids.

83. A human tendency that bothers me is when you see someone and they ask "how are you doing?"....as they walk away. I know, it's just a way of saying hi, but sometime, I might just want to tell them how I am!

84. I've tried to plan a menu for our family meals but have never followed it...I usually decide what's for dinner when my husband calls and says he is on his way home from work.

85. Only the strongest of houseplants survive under my care.

86. I don't want to hear bad stuff about other people. I agree with Thumper's mom when she says, " If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."

87. I can remember lots of people's names...except when they are standing in front of me.

88. I triple the amount of oats when making oatmeal cookies and used bake with whole wheat flower. I feel better when my baked goods have some added nutrition, and they don't give me a headache.

89. I don't cook with much meat...I'm not a vegetarian, just a eatlittlemeatarian.

90. I do so much research about harmful things in food that it's sometimes hard to enjoy eating. I don't really like having a love hate relationship with food, especially when it is so yummy...but it's not so good for my tummy.

91. I have been married for 6 years to a wonderful man.

92. I worked on my scrapbook regularly until I started blogging.

93. I love open window weather...even if it makes my house terribly dusty. I still rarely dust my house.

94. I have a hard time shopping online because I really like to feel things and see them in real life...and returning things is much harder.

95. I have always wanted to have a compost bin...and plan on doing vermicomposting (a worm farm) very soon.

96. I love the movie Mary Poppins and never get tired of watching it.

97. I would love to work as the door greater at Wal-Mart when I'm a Senior Citizen.

98. My favorite store is Ross...it's the bargain hunter/scavenger in me.

99. My favorite scripture story is about Abinadi in the Book of Mormon...probably because I just finished reading Mosiah.

100. I am ignoring the fact that Anna is emptying my neatly organized junk drawer onto the kitchen floor because I'm almost done....

101. I spent way too long on this post... I'm glad I'm done! Still here??? I would love to hear your about what we have in common and what new things you learned about me, even if you are usually only a blog stalker! I always love actually knowing who visits me here in blogland! Thanks for the idea Randi!

I would especially love to read your list of 101 things. C'mon...it's personal history!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think anyone who reads all 101 items is a true, true friend (who has lots of time or reads fast, ha, ha). I love getting to know you better and I see why I love you so very much!! Love, MOM

Karissa said...

You know, really, it seems like you haven't changed much since I first met you years ago.... I like that! :-)

Karen said...

First, I'm not sure who is more addicted to blogging, me or you!! Second, I loved your post because I realized that we really do have a lot in common. Here's a list of #'s I think we share, 4,8,15,19,20,21,26,27,28,29,38,41,
43,44,46,50,51,59,64,72,80,85,93. When you're bored, look up the numbers!!! Also, at the risk of making this a huge post... 43.I don't read lots of fiction but seriously Twilight is worth the read. And 75 This is a talent your kids will enjoy for years to come. Also, you don't have to pay people to do it for them. I'm so glad we have reconnected in this way.

Karen said...

P.S. Reconnected through blogging that is. Maybe we could get together some time. Also, just want to let you know that the Back Arrow doesn't work once I click on your blog. Are you trying to keep people here :) Just joking. Love you Julie.

Audrey Taylor said...

Hi friend,
I read the whole thing and what stands out to me is that you are very interested in visual art. Balloon animals, pottery, gardening, bottles and bins! So maybe I will have to take you out to the Bellagio and go through the art gallery off of the flower room. Also, the Emma Smith movie was axtended again til the 19th if you didn't go. Love ya!

Jill said...

Julie,
Can I just say ditto. Except you are nicer and I have actually begun to read and enjoy fiction in the last few years. I think it is because my youngest is 3 and I haven't had another baby yet. I am starting to loose my edge. I may have to give a list a go. If I can't come up with all 101 I can just take a few from yours since we have so much in common!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Wow, that must have taken a long time to blog. It is fun to get to know things about people you didn't before. Happy 101 post!

Angie Larkin said...

Okay...I read the whole blog. That means I'm your BEST friend. Hee hee. It's okay...Our best freindness can just go one way. I understand. :) So, I noticed you commented on the time of my blog. You are right...I blogged that around midnight, I have no idea why it said 7pm. I didn't do that, but I have learned you can lie about your date and time.

Melissa ( Twin # 1 ) said...

Hey Julie, I can't Beleive you found my Blog the other Day !!!! I love finding Friends also on Blogs. Your Family is so Cute. You are still the same Julie I remember, but with kids of your own. HEHEHE. So Number 3 is on the Way. CONGRATS !!!! Please Stay in Touch with me !!!! Let me know what your E-mail is and I can send you back mine. STAY IN TOUCH !!!!
Melissa Jenkins AKA ONE OF THE YORK TWINS !!!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I loved reading all those things aobut you- yes I read all 101! I can't stop laughing about the hair dye- I totally remember that, and my Dad came while my dye was in and I had very purple looking hair after my lecture was done!

Amy said...

Very cool post. I am considering homeschooling, too. People ask me why and I tell them because I taught in an elementary school and I know what it is like! It's scary out there!

Stacie said...

Wow, balloon animal artist. Look at all of these hidden talents!

Julie said...

we have lots in common. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness sister and I read the whole thing. Learned a couple new things. :) Love you.