1.29.2009

a homemaker's dissapointment defined

disappointment: when you have cooked a yummy meal for your husband (which doesn't happen enough) and had it ready at 5:45 only to realize that today is the day he doesn't get home until 7:30 since it's his school day

and the only thing serendipitous about it all is that i could actually clean up my cooking mess before we eat.....that is if i wasn't blogging instead. :)

(this is actually very similar to how i cook....but i don't remember to use an apron)

where did my brain go?

maybe i'll find it tomorrow.

7 comments:

MelTheo said...

Hey, at least you still cook! You could always call me and I'll come and eat with you. If that would help of course... :)

Darrell and Alissa said...

It's the thought that counts right?! I hate when that happens though, so does Darrell since it's not often he comes home and dinner is ready!!

Theresa said...

haha. I know that's the worst. I keep wanting to make pizza one of these days again, but dan has worked late every night this week. so she sits and waits. :)

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy it all....and then have a bug bowl of ice cream.

Anonymous said...

ooops that would be "big bowl" Long week. :)

Melissa said...

I hate to cook meals. No one really seems greatful for the effort, so we eat a lot of chicken nuggets :)

Chelsea said...

HAHAHA!!! I do this ALL THE TIME! Kenny has late night trainings, and he has to run the class so NO FAIL I will cook an incredible meal, and clean the house, and he wont show... by the time he gets home, I am so tired and all my work is to naught cause you know it was undone as the kids went to bed... LOL!